Crazy Heart Quilt Progress


Crazy Heart CQ started some time ago. Truth be told I had begun the inner 'heart' while I was mulling over getting started on the Smithers Centennial Quilt which was the early days of 2012. How time flies!


I decided again this spring of 2017 it was time that 'Crazy Heart' found a home and direction. I had originally used some fringy braid that was hand sewn around the outside edge of the heart. But when I reviewed this peice, the fringy braid had to go. It was this initial start to remove the fringy braid that I realised underneath the braid, the heart was simply hand sewn with a light hand.


The new trim I chose to use was brown and black varigated wool. I did a quick and rustic whip stitch twice over to couch it down to the center of the quilt.
I have been working on this quilt in hopes of getting it done for my sister's birthday, but missed that deadline and so it goes.


But only time will tell me when its done!

In the meantime, here is another project I'm working on. This one must be done for July 1 Wedding Bells. I will post a full write up on making a denim quilt using photo transfers later this summer.


Take care and thanks for dropping by to read up on my projects and do leave me a comment.

Happy Quilting!

Comments

  1. Two of my absolute most favourite of things - crazy quilts AND denim!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that from previous posts. I am also working a cute new cell phone bag for me that I wear all day. It keeps my cell phone away from my skin. Thanks for for this lovely comment.

      Delete
  2. I love working with denim but haven't thought to try photo transfers - would be interested to hear more. Your crazy hearts are so rich and detailed; amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaja! Thank you for your continued support of my crazy art. Denim and transfers work really well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!
I think its neat when other's feel compelled to write a comment. I check on notifications frequently. If you are a no-reply commenter, please leave an email address if you wish to hear back from me directly.

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...