Rooster Day

When I started Mr. Rooster he was supposed to be a fast made Fall Fair themed decor art for my booth at the 2011 Bulkley Valley Fall Fair.


It was a really fun event and one that I'd sure like to do again. I was busy trying my interest at selling organic 100% cotton. And it does contain some awesome photo's of the whole booth for your interest by going to the post published back in 2011.



This summer Rooster I See You gained more attention and I decided that I didn't like it that this poor rooster had no neck and background.


I began fusing feathers of all free form simply hand-drawn feather shapes onto various similarly colored prints.


This is where I've got so far today.


I think he looks a lot better and I'm dreaming up a Fall Fair themed background maybe. I'm not sure so if you have ideas, please share them in a comment.

Happy Quilting everyone.


Comments

  1. I like Mr. Rooster. As for the background question - for some reason I think you should play up the male-ness of him - perhaps something that is stereo-typical male, but not animal-themed. Maybe something along the line of a gigalo...love 'em and leave 'em...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness that is one idea!! A gigolo, fantastic. I'll have to work on that, thank you!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Love Mr Rooster Caroline and the additional neck feathers look great! Have fun planning the background! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. Mr. Rooster is coming along. Its always fun when I'm free wheeling.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, wow very cool blog you have too. Thanks for dropping in, Mr. Rooster is scheduled for some interesting wardrobe changes.

      Delete
  4. The feathers were the perfect addition. I kind of like the blue background because the colour is a nice complement to the red/rust feathers. Maybe you could add texture and visual interest to the background by quilting with interesting threads,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen these are interesting additional changes to Mr. Rooster I'll consider this as I'm working along on it. Its rainy day here today, great day for quilting!

      Delete
  5. They're both gorgeous pieces. I'm looking forward to seeing what you chose for a background.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!
I think its neat when other's feel compelled to write a comment. I check on notifications frequently. If you are a no-reply commenter, please leave an email address if you wish to hear back from me directly.

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...