Bat Girl Goes Out Progress

Hello everyone, thank you to my followers and those just passing through! Don't forget to tell me about what you think of my post?

I am thankful to report that Grandma has pulled her skirts up and is kicking up a storm in recovery! I am so thankful for that. She is one very special Mother in Law. I just knew that, when I looked into her eyes with tears in mine that somewhere in there my beloved Mother in Law was still with us!!

She squeezed my hand hard and seemed to stare intently at me, I spoke of encouragement and blessings she has brought to my life. She has steadily improved with eating, breathing and getting over her stroke one  bit at a time.



Before Thanksgiving urgent Grandma phone calls and trips and more trips, I'm finally getting back to my little wee Halloween project. To be completely honest, I've never really gotten the whole big deal about Halloween!

Really! I grew up in the Northern B.C. area south of Prince Geroge, the largest city in the Interior of B.C. Halloween by that time of year October 30, was always dark and scary. Many times we already had snow on the ground and it was snowing again. When I was a child, our home wa remote, sometimes I went without even going out to school and the neighbours were not the kind I'd walk to even for help!

So being the youngest child, I didn't have anyone else my age to go "Trick or Treating" anyway. Mom always bought a bag of goodies that she left out in a bowl on the table for this one day. 

Halloween became fun for me when I took my little boys out trick or treating. That was fun, making costumes and matching bags. It wasn't too cold and without snow on the ground it was fun!




I did some hand embroidery on the spider and the web.



Its good to be back to quilting again. But filagree is coming into the border, more on that really soon.

I'm still working all over the house without flooring in my sewing studio so I'm waiting for that.

Happy Quilting everyone, thanks for dropping by to visit.


Comments

  1. For someone who didn't grow up with the total Halloween experience, you sure have nailed the Halloween quilt as though you did! I love this. Huge fan of spiders here, believe it or not (as long as they don't bite me), and your spider and web make this piece extra special. I just signed on as one of your followers, and am looking forward to catching up on your blog entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda, your comment means alot to me. I managed to get the Halloween vibe as soon as my little ones arrived and the new Mom's group I attended was in full scale, so thanks to those ladies for getting me into the Halloween thing.
    I'm going to email you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic quilt, love the web and ( i can't believe I am saying this) cute spider, LOL! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heide, this spider comment is very welcome. It was done all freehand while watching a netfilx movie!
      Love that you dropped by!!

      Delete
    2. Hi Heide, this spider comment is very welcome. It was done all freehand while watching a netfilx movie!
      Love that you dropped by!!

      Delete
    3. Hi Heide, this spider comment is very welcome. It was done all freehand while watching a netfilx movie!
      Love that you dropped by!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!
I think its neat when other's feel compelled to write a comment. I check on notifications frequently. If you are a no-reply commenter, please leave an email address if you wish to hear back from me directly.

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...