Country Quilt Show and Links




Rusty has that look on her face, she is telling me she wants to come along too!
 So I gave in and she came along. 

Its very small and if you blink you'd miss it. But quaint homes and laughing people at the local gas station greet a newcomer to Fort Fraser, B.C. The parking lot beside the hall was pretty full and I had my favorite companion along with me. She required shade and open windows. So I managed to "Go 4x4ing" with my Toyota Corolla! I eased my car in underneath a tall shady tree at the farthest part of the parking lot. My car was lopsided and looked like I was trying to climb the tree, but Rusty didn't care!


This fly hook is only one of dozens that decorate the border of this following quilt done by Debbie Petteplace. Its simply stunning This photo doesn't do this quilt justice.

When I saw this fish quilt I immediately fell in love with this one made by Debby Petteplace which she made for her son.

 I just loved the temperature in the hall, it was cool on such a hot day on May 13th!! That's slightly unusual in our northern hemisphere.



I had missed this spectacular full size quilt of total hand embroidery, wow, I had to take a close up and forgot to take a full shot, so I apologize to Debby Petteplace in advance. Her hand work is gorgeous!

I was so struck by the venue of carefully hung quilts, all beautiful that I forgot to buy some tickets for the door prize. Eager helper's at the entry table greeted me with enthusiasm and cheer.
I checked my tickets, none of mine had a red star on it, which indicated a winner of You Pick selection of gifts carefully prepared. 

Its really impressive to see the quality of work in organizing and quilt layout as well as the beauty of the quilting in Fort Fraser and just above everyone has grey hair.



 

Sybille Broten made and hand quilted this lovely old timer Clam Shell. Such careful and tight stitching of hand quilting.


This guild makes and donated hundreds of hand made quilts to the Prince George Regional Hospital I was told and this is a mere sample of that in the photo below.


This stripe fabric centerpiece made from triangles is quite Christmasy and calls to the spirit of winter time and is done again by Debby Petteplace. Who must be very proud of her entrants into this show.


So that was my little quilt show and I hope you liked it.

And this is my progress on one of my UFO's


This was the sunset last night, I barely got outside fast enough to catch the last bit of the sun setting behind Hudsons Bay Mountain in Smithers, B.C.



I'm linking up with other fine Canadian Quilters with WIP link.

Sew Fresh Quilts

And I just love to see all sorts of new stuff from Let's Be Social



Happy Quilting everyone!













Comments

  1. Hi. I stumbled across your blog while surfing from Favequilts. Please could you tell me where I might find a pattern or tutorial on the lovely Christmas centre piece that Debbie did the colour and pattern is so vibrant I would like to try to make it for a friend thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!
I think its neat when other's feel compelled to write a comment. I check on notifications frequently. If you are a no-reply commenter, please leave an email address if you wish to hear back from me directly.

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...