Adventures in Victoria

Hello everyone,

I bet you are wondering what has happened to me right?


Well, we decided to take a little trip to Vancouver Island and see if we can establish a winter home in a temporary sense. Its been lovely weather and windy/rainy weather, so hence no photos of the nifty shops, museums and restaurants that we've eaten fabulous food.

The balmy, warm days of the south coast of Vancouver Island. Victoria, B.C. is really the Canadian version of the warm seas of more tropical parts of the world. 
Without the swimming on warm beaches, we can take long walks on shell strewn cool beaches, where you can watch the placid Strait of Juan de Fuca loll your mind into total relaxation.  

Except, we need a place to hang our hat instead of the spare bedroom. Our Rusty girl is down right confused with the all day eating schedule of the dogs here and without exception has gained a few more pounds that will have to come off our aging female Shepard/Labrador cross. 

So just wanted to give you some insight into my life right now and soon, I will have that Log Cabin tutorial done really soon after I'm settled and have more time away from travel trailer shopping. 

Hope you are all having a great time preparing for Christmas and here are a few of the quilts I brought along to spruce up my new travel trailer. Plus, gifts and fun stuff that I am working on.


I'm slowly working on this Lumber Jack crazy quilt for our son Jon. Who actually completed the inner lumber jack back in the 1990's when we were home schooling and this was his chosen textile project, not bad for a 10 year old boy. I began doing the crazy quilting around it to finish it.


So, I'll leave you with The Story of Stuff, which we all suffer having too much stuff! 



Click on the arrow to view this awesome description of how we accumulate way too much stuff.

Happy Quilting everyone, I'll soon be back to my regular postings and having fun sharing my new adventures!

Carli

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...