Women's Institute 2014 Spring Conference

If you went to search online for women's institute you might find the definition of found in wikipedia you'd read that it all started in LlanfairpwllgwyngyllAnglesey and that "It had two clear aims: to revitalise rural communities and to encourage women to become more involved in producing food during the First World War".


This quilt above was a project by the ladies of Sunshine Valley W.I. to commemorate 100 years of the City of Grand Forks, B.C. My grandmother was a founding member of one of the branches in in or around Chapel-en-le-frith, Darbyshire, England, I'm still on the hunt to find out this exact information. But regardless, she'd be proud of me, I'm sure!

Our annual conference was lead by our esteemed President Geneva Wiseman of Southside Branch. 

We have a minute of silence for those members who have passed on after another member reads out the accomplishments of those members.



Our world logo for Women's Institute, our motto "For Home and Country"


I shared my Smithers 2013 Centennial Quilt.

Have a great Sunday!

Carli

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...