Flower Border and Link Up- [Midnight Over The Oasis]

I had to make it mine so the leaves were not cut and appliqued, I simply used large rick rack for the leaves and machine appliqued those into place. If was fast and easy to do, I encourage quilting out of the box.
You can see the hand embroidery I did on some of the Orange Peel blocks, just for texture.
Did you notice the cute buttons on the basket vine?


I really enjoyed making the baskets from crazy piecing and this looks really cute. I hand embroidered the basket handles with a big primitive stitch.


Sorry about all the fussy edges, the wind was blowing and I my hands were getting cold.

But I must say these Quilters Press Bars that I won at a quilt retreat many years ago were the perfect thing again.
Here's why:

  • to buy them they cost around $7.99 at a quilt shop, you get five sizes
  • You can make the 6 inch sections the patterns calls for in a snap
  • You don't have to buy several colours of bias tape and I find the bias tape is never the colour you want.



And so tada, here it is, the flower border complete. I'm finding this quilt is looking a little busy for me.

What do you think?
It is square, but I couldn't find a moment without windy playing havoc with the quilt top pinned to the fence.


I recommend this pattern, its quite lovely and I'm so glad that I'm doing another funky quilt again. Yeh for funky quilts.

I'm linking up with The Elven Garden and the lovely Jess who is hosting this MOTO quilt along.

Thanks for dropping by and reading my blog. I love sharing stuff and don't forget that I'm organizing a linky party for Crazy Quilt Along 2014. More details are coming along in a few days.

Take care, Carli in snowy northern B.C.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...