I'm changing my scrappy mind!



 I began the work of completing "A Dresden Summer." Go to my tutorial on Freestyle Dresden Plate Fan here.here. I played around a bit with the creation of the Chevron braids that originally were to encircle the center portion with the 4 Dresden Plates.

But when it was all said and done.



This left me feeling like a bit overwhelmed with too much colour. I felt the outer border braids took all the love from the Dresden Plates. What do you think?

So I decided to give A Dresden Summer a better presentation. I have so far added another inner border 


 I chose a deer scene print. I didn't have more of the lemon or the beige check print, so I improvised!

Now, I'm setting it on the other side of my room to view while I work on other projects. Tell me, would you continue with the bright outer border of the Chevron Braid?

Carli



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...