Seredipity ~ Houston Crafters Galore

Everyone has to take a  break now and then, don't you think?

After all, the Centennial Quilt won't fall apart if I do something else a wee bit, right! 

So we gobbled down our breakfast and we went into Houston, BC to pick up a new kitchen range. City Furniture in Houston. Great price, simple without all sorts of gizmo's that require passwords kind of kitchen stove.

You know what I mean? Every quilter has to take a break!

I insisted that we stop at Houston, B.C.'s mall on Highway 16. Its the only one in town and has an interior walking area  between stores.It a great place for crafters of all kinds to set up a table and sell their wares.

 My friend Cindy is off to Africa soon, working on a mission and  helping with many good deeds while there. Cindy and I have a strong bond around recycling, the beaded necklaces are handmade from a women's collective in Africa. She works with A Rocha, an International organization for environmental conservation and education from a Christian perspective.


These beautiful necklaces are handmade by women who need the money earned to raise their families, I found a necklace that has become my favorite, the beads are made from recycled magazines.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...