2nd Chapter-Duncan Farmer's Market

This year has been uplifting, heart felt, stressful and challenging. Moving causes change. And we all know that the only person who loves a change is a baby!

When I made this baby quilt, I didn't know that sewing fabric strips together and cutting them into strings was called "Chinese Coins" or something like that.



Quilting or not, we are constantly learning all the time. Playing with my fabric and threads are all I really need to be happy, but not healthy. 


This post on Dec 31, 2017 is my New Year Eve reflection on 2017 and the last decade of my growth.

Healthy lifestyle is just as important as what we play with to enjoy life. 



I took the 2 week challenge of Low Carbs High Fat with Dietdoctor.com. I have started back to my routine of rising early, off to the pool and home again for breakfast. All, any of us can do is to go forward, not become stagnant. 

Update on LCHF lifestyle change. I've lost 3.5 lbs and 7 inches on my waistline!
I'm sticking to it.





Learning new things in my life became a lifelong "love" when just a child. I learned to pay attention and be aware of those around you. I learned how to escape the childhood family struggles and find peace in chaos. I can still focus and block out the world. I think that is a quality that allows me to be the busy woman working towards new adventures while growing older.

Sharing online since 2007 has been a wonderful experience. I've come to see and learn from others who openly share stuff about quilting!


Thank you to the people of Smithers who supported my entry into becoming a working craft artist.
That is no small feat! But continuing to move towards a goal was and still is the most important thing you can do for all of us.








I remember a time in the 1970's when I was making my own clothes by hand because my little home had no electricity and I used a camp stove for cooking. 

Ya, I was a Hippie Chick for a time. I met many wonderful people since then and many of those helpful women passed on tips and techniques to me.

I am overjoyed to see this lovely local sewer who makes these darling little dresses. You can find her at the Duncan Farmer's Market year round.



Many towns and cities have a Farmer's Market popping up with their fresh produce, hand made goods, clothing and more. Sewing should be a Red Seal Trade in my opinion.

Knowing how fabric behaves and how it can be sewn and what needle design is best for the task to be done. These little things are just a tiny part of what makes a sewer a good one.

I strive to meet the demands of a well made product that people really want.
I want to sell profitable items at my new booth at the Farmer's Market and if you know of such products, share with others who are not in your marketplace.


Its a new start for me in Duncan, its been a big move for us to finally get to Vancouver Island. We are Islander's now.



Teaching workshops and selling locally hand made items from the Farmer's Market in Duncan is my goal.
                                 
Wish me luck!

Happy New Year!

Comments

  1. Farmer's markets are wonderful places - we have a local one but it's not overly large and it would be nice to see more vendors decide to take part. I hope you enjoy great success with yours! Happy 2018!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is awesome and so glad to see that I might get into a spot for 2018. If not, I will continue to other markets in the area. Thanks for the lovely comment. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. It has been good to sit and read your post just now, I am way behind on reading blog posts due to health problems but now slowly catching up. I'm pleased you're settling in to your new place and the very best of luck with your goals of teaching and also selling at the Farmer's Market!
    Wishing you a Happy,, Healthy and Peaceful 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there and I wish you the best too Maureen! Get well soon.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your Farmer's Market aims - I wish you success in 2018. I used to start the day with a swim - it's my favourite way to wake up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I too love a swim first thing in the morning. Thank you for your kind comment!

      Delete
  4. Hi Caroline, read this post with great interest. I taught on the coast of Labrador one year before the community got electricity...the year was 1970 and I sewed by oil lamp at night. It sounds like you have had a great last decade...hope it continues and the next will be your best one yet. From one islander(Newfoundland) to another...best wishes and happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jocelyn, thank you for dropping by my blog. I have followed you on Google +, please email me as you are a noreply blogger.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!
I think its neat when other's feel compelled to write a comment. I check on notifications frequently. If you are a no-reply commenter, please leave an email address if you wish to hear back from me directly.

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...