The Aqua Table Runner-Finish #5 2017



Let me tell you something funny. The bins and boxes of quilting supplies and fabric chunks of all kinds were going into the bins beginning in the summer and fall of 2015. I began culling the supplies I decided to pass on to others. On one of my trips into Smithers, I pulled up to the thrift shop back door unloading area and a helper came out. She took one look at me, turned around and closed the door. 

I thought that was a little wierd reaction, but wasn't going to worry about it. I was far too busy to worry about a door closed in my face.

I placed with my boxes onto the table at the back door and suddenly the woman reappeared with a few more ladies in tow. 

She came out and explained to the other women 'This is the lady who made the centennial quilt' and 'look, she is giving more fabric away again!" She then went onto explain, that they started noticing an increase in their sales of fabric pieces and wondered if a quilter had died!

We all had a good laugh about that and gave my business card to the giggling women.


This is the valley we moved away from last year. We love this area so much, we moved to there first in the 1980's and back again in early 2000's. Its quite a perfect little area with tons of outdoor recreation activities at your doorstep.

Great place to raise children.


Loads of really friendly First People who share their knowledge with everyone. This photo is the graduation photo of those who learned how to make moccasins. I was one of them but not in this photo.


We miss seeing people we've known for several decades and we miss having the Bulkley River at our doorstep, less than 100 ft from its shore it provided us with cool water on a hot sunny day, July spring salmon fishing and steelhead run just minutes down river.


This was our path to the river.

But the lure of being closer to family, having more opportunities and a warmer climate on the South Island makes Duncan a perfect spot.


And we are meeting people, like this fellow Robert Cerins who turns out to be a school chum from my hubby's childhood. Both are musicians and artists, wow, that is wonderful!

I really urge you to visit Robert's page, link above to see his wonderful earrings. Handpainted and beautiful!

But lets not forget the Aqua Table Runner.


This was a gift for my friend who loves aqua color in general.


As you know, its been a while to getting my new home organized and my new sewing womb ready too! This was one that I intended to get ready for her birthday in Sept but blew that with all the unpacking back then.


I love to add the details of hand embroidery and this is so nice to have both hand quilting in big stitches and machine quilting for durability.



This table runner is going in the mail today and it will be in Nola's hands sooner than Santa Claus can get there.

Happy to be back to quilting again!

Comments

  1. I'm sure your friend Robert could get lots of gigs as Father Christmas this time of year. Funny story about the thrift store door closing - you must have been thinking the lady was pretty rude (or, worse, she didn't want your donations!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maryanne,
      Thank you for the comments you make often. Its good to know someone is ready my crazy wee posts. Cheers!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!
I think its neat when other's feel compelled to write a comment. I check on notifications frequently. If you are a no-reply commenter, please leave an email address if you wish to hear back from me directly.

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...